Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Flame in All of Us

After seeing these guys in a concert where they had sound difficulties and simply was a horrible concert, I had little expectations for their new project. But from the first down beat into the last chord, I found this cd to be worth the time and effort.
Although I never got into TFK's first cd, every project since has been solid and worth any hard rock fan's time. I find myself coming back to The Flame time and time again. The only noteable problems with the cd is how repetitive their songs can get. But, I dont think we can expect much more out of a Xgames type of sounding artist.

With this being said, I want to highlight some of the best songs through out the cd. The title track is one to put in the cd and crank up. This song leads into another song of the same nature of Everything Falls Apart. Track four slows down a bit, but shows a new side of TFK that has been explored on previous cds but never done with much care. What do We know shows signs of more acoustic talent and give TFK to go a little more in depth with their lyrics.
The rest of the cd has pretty good intervals in the songs giving them a much needed diversity and for the most part is a cd to put in the car when you want to head bang.

The gem on this cd though and best song by far is Wish you Well. The only bad thing is that most people listening to this cd wont appreicate this song as much. But if one is to evaluate the musical ability of an artist that person has a responsibility to point out these types of songs. For this cd it is Wish you Well. Evaluating the journey that is known as life we follow TFK through experiences of life that help define who we are. As the cd begins I thought it would be another failed attempt at slowing down their music, but as the song progresses you find that this is not the case. When it comes to the bridge of the song TFK is able to use their rapping ability and combine it with a slowed down acoustic/piano/orchestral movement(depending on which version you are talking about). The only thing missing from this track is a bit more depth, once again falling into the reality of repetition found in every TFK song.

Overall: B-
Recommended for the devoted fans of up beat rock and anyone who wants to rock.

No comments: