
A lot of things change. Skillet, though, tends to do the things that work. Awake, is really not that different when one breaks it down to the core. In short, they are still powerfully Christian, still rocking hard, and have a new drummer that helps with vocals.
With that being said, there are a few tracks on this cd that are average at best. The 3rd track Dont Wake Me is really a young audience influenced song. I think the lyrics get away from Skillet's normal message. I dont think they compromise, I just think that it could be better.
From track 4 on, I think this is a solid cd. Awake and Alive is the best track on the cd, followed by songs like Its Not Me Its You, Believe, Forgiven, Never Surrender, and Lucy. These tracks cover anything from worship to real life issues.
Hero and Monster will be fist pumpers, but not the best songs on the cd.
Overall, this is a rock album. They do get more into rock anthems, but to be honest it is simply and it works. I recommend it to Skillet fans, but be prepared, this cd may take some getting used to in relation to how good Comatose was in my opinion.
Overall B-.
No comments:
Post a Comment